You are eligible for the benefits of this warranty (the “Limited Warranty”) only if you are the original owner and consumer of new KENDA/LOADSTAR trailer tires, such tires bear the original Department of Transportation (DOT) - prescribed tire identification numbers, and such tires are on the trailer upon which they were originally installed according to the trailer manufacturer’s or KENDA’S recommendations.
For the first twelve months from the date of sale, Kenda will replace your Kenda/Loadstar tire for any reason as part of our Worry-Free Warranty.
Subject to the limitations contained in this Limited Warranty, your new KENDA/LOADSTAR tires are warranted under this Limited Warranty against failures due to defective materials and workmanship for a period of five (5) years from the date of tire manufacture. Tire manufacture date is determined by the Department of Transportation (DOT) - prescribed tire identification numbers.
- Eligibility: A tire is eligible for warranty coverage under this Limited Warranty only if the tire is presented by the original owner and consumer within five (5) years of the tire manufacture date, the tire has a minimum of 2/32nd inch of tire tread depth remaining, and all procedures in this Limited Warranty are followed.
- Free Replacement: Subject to the limitations contained in this Limited Warranty, if a KENDA/LOADSTAR tire fails due to defective materials or workmanship during the first 10% of treadwear, the tire will be replaced with a new comparable KENDA/LOADSTAR tire without charge.
- Treadwear Prorated Discount: A defective tire that does not qualify for free replacement under (B) above, but that is otherwise eligible for warranty coverage under this Limited Warranty, will entitle you to a discount on the purchase of a new comparable KENDA/LOADSTAR tire. The amount of the discount will be calculated based upon the percentage of tread that remains on the defective tire. For example, if60% of the original tread remains on the defective tire, you will be entitled to a 60% discount off of the retail price of a new comparable KENDA/LOADSTAR tire. You are responsible for all labor costs for mounting and balancing and for all applicable taxes.
This Limited Warranty does not apply to:
- Damage, failure, or irregular or premature treadwear caused by, resulting from, or arising out of fire, accident, chemical corrosion, malicious mischief, vandalism, or road hazards. Example of road hazards include, without limitation, nails, glass, rocks, curbs, and other foreign objects and natural and man-made obstructions or obstacles such as excavations, construction, potholes, and chuckholes. Damages caused by road hazards can include, without limitation, cuts, snags, punctures, scuffs, carcass bruises, and impact breaks.
- Damage, failure, or irregular or premature treadwear caused by, resulting from, or arising out of improper operation or maintenance such as, without limitation, misapplication, neglect, misuse, running flat, overloading, under-or-over inflation, excessive speed, improper installation, improper wheel alignment, improper mounting or dismounting, use of puncture sealants, tire plugs, or fillers, noncompliance with safety, usage, or maintenance instructions or parameters, or any alteration to the tire such as, without limitation, grooving bead or sidewall decorative material or the addition of a white inlay (whitewall) to any tire.
- Weather cracking
- Loss of time, inconvenience, loss of use of the trailer, costs of towing or transportation, and/or incidental or consequential damages of any type or nature. Vehicle or trailer damage is not covered.
A “comparable” new KENDA/LOADSTAR tire may either be the same line of tire or, if the defective tire is out of production or unavailable, a tire of the same basic or equal construction and quality with different sidewall or treadwear configuration. If a higher priced tire is accepted as replacement, you will be responsible for the difference in price.
Treadwear is computed as a percentage of the original usable tread. The original usable tread does not include the last 2/32nd inch of tread depth. KENDA USA shall make all determinations regarding treadwear and eligibility for warranty coverage under this Limited Warranty in its sole discretion.
Defective tires qualifying for coverage under this Limited Warranty will be replaced either at no charge or at a discount in accordance with the terms of this Limited Warranty.
In order to claim under this Limited Warranty, you must present the allegedly defective tire to any KENDA/LOADSTAR Tire Distributor or participating dealer in the USA or Canada. To obtain a no charge adjustment for tires, you must present proof of purchase date (such as trailer dealer or tire retailer invoice). You are responsible for payment of all taxes, as well as retailer charges for services that you request but are not covered by the warranty. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
If there is no KENDA/LOADSTAR Authorized Tire Dealer in your area, you must call 1-(800)-225-4714, 9AM-5PM Eastern Time, weekdays for instructions regarding the allegedly defective tire. KENDA USA may require that the tire be delivered by you, freight prepaid, to KENDA USA directly or to a specified KENDA/LOADSTAR Authorized Tire Dealer or other party designated by KENDA USA.
Except as noted in this Limited Warranty and unless otherwise provided by law, THERE IS NO WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, CLEAR TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR ANY OTHER WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. This Limited Warranty is the entire warranty given by KENDA USA and KENDA USA‘s complete obligation is as set forth herein. No one has the authority to imply, suggest, agree, represent, warrant, or promise contrary to the terms hereof.
REPLACEMENT OF A DEFECTIVE KENDA/LOADSTAR TRAILER TIRE AS SET FORTH HEREIN, EITHER AT NO CHARGE OR AT A DISCOUNTED CHARGE, AS APPLICABLE, CONSTITUTES THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE OBLIGATION OF KENDA USA AND THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY AVAILABLE TO YOU IN THE EVENT OF BREACH OF ANY WARRANTY OR OF ANY AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND KENDA USA OR ITS AUTHORIZED DEALERS.
Any tire, no matter how well constructed, may fail due to improper maintenance or service factors, creating a risk of property damage and serious or fatal injury. For your safety, comply with the following:
- Check air pressure monthly when tires are “cold”. Use an accurate tire air pressure gauge. Do not reduce pressure when tires are hot. Proper inflation is essential. Underinflation produces flexing of sidewalls and builds up heat to the point that premature tire failure may occur. Overinflation can cause the tire to be more susceptible to impact damage.
- Never overload your tires. The maximum load capacity and maximum inflation pressure are molded into the sidewall of your tire. Overloading builds up excessive heat and can lead to early tire failure.
- Avoid damaging objects (chuckholes, glass, rocks, curbs, etc.) which may cause internal tire damage. Continued use of a tire that has suffered internal damage, which may not be visible externally, can lead to dangerous tire failure. Determination of internal damage will require dismounting of the tire and examination by trained tire personnel.
- Property damage and serious or fatal injury can also result from the following causes:
- Improper tire mounting and inflation procedures may cause the tire beads to break with explosive force during installation of the tire on the rim. Tire and rim must match in size. Rim parts must match by manufacturer’s design. Clean rim. Lubricate rim and beads. Do not exceed the maximum recommended pressure to seat the beads. ONLY SPECIALLY TRAINED PERSONS SHOULD MOUNT TIRES.
- Use of worn out tires (less than 2/32” remaining tread depth) increases the probability of tire failure.
- Excessive speed creates heat buildup in a tire, leading to possible tire failure.
IN NO EVENT SHALL KENDA USA OR ITS AUTHORIZED DEALERS OR DISTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES OR LIABILITIES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF TIME, INCONVENIENCE, LOSS OF USE OF TRAILER, TOWING, ROAD SERVICE, OR ANY OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL LOSS) IN CONNECTION WITH THE PURCHASE, USE, OR OPERATION OF THE TIRE, WHETHER DUE TO A BREACH OF WARRANTY, BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF KENDA USA HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. NOTE: SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SUCH EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Kenda American Techinical Center
Attn: Warranty Claims
5801 Mayfair Rd.
N. Canton, OH 44720
9:00 AM to 5:00 PM Eastern Time
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or to file a claim.
Americana Tire & Wheel, a Kenda Group company, provides a “1st year 100% No Hassle Warranty” including damage from road hazards. Customers should be prepared to provide the date of purchase of your Express Trailer, have the tire available for inspection, and if possible provide the DOT# from the tire. For warranty adjustment on a tire the customer should contact the Kenda/Loadstar Tire Warranty Department at: 800-225-4714